- West Coast
- West Coast
18 Lang Straat, Riebeek West 7306
- Longitude: 18.86507
- Latitude: -33.349425
- Guest House
The twin towns of Riebeek West and Riebeek Kasteel nestle against the imposing Kasteelberg amongst vineyards and olive groves. The area is well known for excellent wine and award winning olives and oil. Visitors can taste these on several farms in the valley.
Excellent restaurants, original art from resident artists, fascinating shops and markets are a few of the local attractions on offer. Ask your hosts about this and also about the many and varied day trips that are possible with De Langenhof as your base.
De Langenhof Guest House offers four lovely double veranda rooms and two luxury garden rooms, fitted with quality linen. All the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, some with baths, all with showers. Rooms are air-conditioned and fitted with satellite TV and DVD players.
The rooms either have access to a veranda, overlooking the mediterranean garden, or their own garden patio with a view of the Koi pond and the formal rose garden. Enjoy the swimming pool and relax with a good book in the quaint pool house on hot summer days, or relax indoors by the fireplace in winter.Oh, and we are GREEN
Map and Directions to De Langenhof
Take the N7 from the N1 from Cape Town:
- Exit at the first Malmesbury off-ramp
- Take the left slipstream into town
- Go through the first set of traffic lights just after the N7 bridge
- Pass wheat silos on your right (it's quite a way till the next set of lights at the main street)
- Turn left, then first right into Rainier Street
- Turn right near top of hill into Piet Retief Street (sign: Riebeek Kasteel & Ceres)
- After leaving Malmesbury, pass the Swartland Wine Cellars on your right
- Turn left onto the R46 (sign: Riebeek Kasteel & Ceres); [R45 continues straignt on to Wellington & Paarl]
- Continue up & over the Bothmanskloof Pass
- Take the first left, which will be just after Kloovenburg Wine estate on your left, turn left onto the R311 (sign: Riebeek Kasteel & Moorreesburg)
- Drive through Riebeek Kasteel; continue straight on that road
- Pass Allesverloren wine estate on your left
- Drive through the little village of Riebeek West; down the dip and pass Smuts Street
- next left is Long Street (signs: De Langenhof Guesthouse + Riebeek Valley Hotel)
From the airport:
- take the N2 direction Cape Town
- turn right into the M7 north, direction Vanguard Drive
- you will eventually pass the Grand West Casino on your right hand side, just before crossing Voortrekker Road (a major intersection)
- the M7 becomes the N7
- follow the signs to Malmesbury
- you will cross a bridge over the N1
- Follow the directions above from: 'Take the N7 from the N1 from Cape Town'
- take the R44 direction Porterville / Ceres / Tulbagh.
- Then take the R46 (sign: Hermon & Malmesbury) – this is on top of a rise
- take the 2nd turn-off to Riebeek Kasteel which is the R311 - (sign Riebeek Kasteel / Moorreesburg).
- Het Vlock Kasteel will be on your right and you’ll pass the Olive Boutique on your left
- Thereafter follow the directions as described above from 'Drive through Riebeek Kasteel'.